Jeer Penn State rant

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to order some things from Penn State to take advantage of the 10% off promo. Some of the things I need are out of stock. Instead of allowing me to place the order, getting the discount and them shipping them when it comes in, they put you on a wait list. Now, when it comes into stock, the discount is gone and I have to pay shipping again.
I just placed my WHoLE order from someone else, paid a bit more anyway, but happy to give them my buisiness for being fair.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotirish

Good morning Glenn.
I order as much as possible from the Penn Satae Cat. but do it through WOODTURNINGZ. They carry a lot of the products that Penn State carries. Often their price is lower.
Ron

psilevy

$10 Off Promotion

I want to order some things from Penn State to take advantage of the 10% off promo. Some of the things I need are out of stock. Instead of allowing me to place the order, getting the discount and them shipping them when it comes in, they put you on a wait list. Now, when it comes into stock, the discount is gone and I have to pay shipping again.
I just placed my WHoLE order from someone else, paid a bit more anyway, but happy to give them my buisiness for being fair.

Glenn,
This promotion is $10 off orders over $75 (not 10%). If the out of stock item would have qualified you for the discount (i.e. sent your order over $75), then We apologize, the best thing to do will be to call customer service and they would honor the $10 off coupon for your order and put your item on backorder.
Ed

OldGrumpy

No criticism of anyone that has posted here but just a comment in general. How often have you been approached by someone for a pen that you did not have. My response is generally I don't have it but give me a few days and I will make it for you. To a large extent our suppliers are the same. I have found Penn State is always cooperative when I call them with a problem related to an online order. Bottom line is I think we need to display the same patience we seek.

renowb

I have given up on PSI! I received a razor stand base that was dented. I called and said they would send a new one. No problem. I received the new one, Dented Too!
I sent them pictures of both. They said they would send another one but this was the last time. HUH? So if I get another one dented, you won't replace it? Right!
I believe they think I'm lying or it was done in shipping, which is wrong. They do have a quality issue. No more for me, unless I order through a vendor for something I definitely need.

I dont have a problem with a back order, the item I need is in stock, but the item I want to get over the discount amount is not. That is the draw, to buy more to get the discount.
With due respect, the suppliers are not the same, we make one of a kind, custom order items. My customer usually wants something different than I am showing them so they know it has been made just for them. The suppliers purchase many of the same parts to give us a volume discount and should have it most of the time.

No criticism of anyone that has posted here but just a comment in general. How often have you been approached by someone for a pen that you did not have. My response is generally I don't have it but give me a few days and I will make it for you. To a large extent our suppliers are the same. I have found Penn State is always cooperative when I call them with a problem related to an online order. Bottom line is I think we need to display the same patience we seek.

Ed,
Thanks for correcting me on the TENOFF promo, It was less than 10% off for the purchase I wanted to make. With due respect, I feel it is another step on my part to help Penn State do business. I understand that things are sometimes out of stock...no problem. I would think that it should be automatic that an item be back ordered and shipped when in, not put on a wait list, request it again when in and I have to call to get the offered discount I am increasing my purchase for. I have been doing business with Penn Sate for 7 years, now. I am a good customer(not the biggest)and am usually satisfied! This has happened to me more than once, I chose a different supplier each time and I wanted to share my experience.

Glenn,
This promotion is $10 off orders over $75 (not 10%). If the out of stock item would have qualified you for the discount (i.e. sent your order over $75), then We apologize, the best thing to do will be to call customer service and they would honor the $10 off coupon for your order and put your item on backorder.
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom