Pen World

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I wrote a summary about a recent article in the Pen World magazine about our Pen Collection and it got me into thinking. I know that could be dangerous. But a subscription to Pen World could make a nice gift for the upcoming Bash party. Something a little different I think. What say you???:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Actually, John, they have done that before. I won a subscription a couple years ago.
Maybe that was when Jeff was able to get the discount that was offered to the membership in 2012. It would be a nice prize I think. I like the magazine for the reasons I wrote in the other thread.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Most of the prizes in the Donation Drawing are donated, both from Vendors and Members. There are a couple that are bought by Jeff for the drawing.

skiprat

I may be wrong.... but a few years ago when they donated a subscription, it was only for mainland USA winners. I even tried to pay for a subscription but they just wouldn't do it.

Hopefully this upcoming bash will ensure that IAP is truly international to our kind donors..:wink:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I do my best when I'm approaching vendors to let them know we're international - but small vendors often have difficulty with this. That being said, we're doing our best to make accommodations.
And we've had an IAP member step up to help out with this - so international shipping shouldn't be an issue, we hope! (but surprises do happen when items are restricted...)

Curly

Would an already subscribing member that won a subscription have their existing one extended? Or would they have to endure two issues a month for a while?

jttheclockman

Andrew

Thanks for doing that. I was going to try the same thing as we got closer to the Bash so that they would not forget. That is what I meant about we will see when I said that. They helped us before so it is good to see them back.

Ed McDonnell

Would an already subscribing member that won a subscription have their existing one extended? Or would they have to endure two issues a month for a while?
I was a subscriber that won a subscription. Absolutely no problem getting my subscription extended. A quick call to speak with a very pleasant woman and it was sorted out in minutes.

Ed

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I may be wrong.... but a few years ago when they donated a subscription, it was only for mainland USA winners. I even tried to pay for a subscription but they just wouldn't do it.

Hopefully this upcoming bash will ensure that IAP is truly international to our kind donors..:wink:
I've always offered to reship any prize internationally if the donor in the US doesn't want to incur the cost or the time. I've probably shipped 30 prize packages (and of course countless mugs!) for that reason. It would take me time to dig out the info, but we did upgrade a magazine subscription (might not have been PW) at least once for international shipping.

Top Bottom