PDF Converter-Freeware-I Need Some

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Recently, there was a thread that listed links to some free PDF converters. I searched for the thread and couldn't find it. Maybe I was using the wrong search words or maybe the information was buried in another thread and I just didn't recognize it??

Anyone remember which thread it was??

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

M

Mudder

Originally posted by toolcrazy

CutePDF is what I decided on. The other that was recomended had too many adds. CutePDF works great.

I have used CutePDF up until I got Acrobat and I can vouch that it DOES comply with the Acrobat standard. (at least up until version 2.5 which is the last that I used)

What that means is that any file created with CutePDF should be able to be opened and edited in Acrobat and it should also open without problem in any properly installed acrobat reader.

The only thing about CutePDF that all should be aware of is that it requires another program to make it work. Fortunately Ghostscript is a free program (and the one that's recommended).

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

alphageek

Former Moderator
One other possibility that I didn't see in that thread that I've recommended before PrimoPdf (primopdf.com). It is a free one that acts like a printer - you can print from most programs and create a pdf - so you can continue using your favorite program.

Randy_

I just downloaded the CutePDF program and it works like a champ. No installation problems whatsoever. You also need something called GHOSTSCRIPT to make it work; but you can download that program from The CutePDF web site as well so there is no trouble locating the program.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Top Bottom