Orange and black mistake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkirkb94

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkirkb94

This pen was wrought with mistakes that finally came out OK. The tip of the pen broke as I was pressing the tip. #$@%&(^*^%#. Started to just turn it down to the brass tube but decided to turn down the break with a parting tool, then added the black tip. Took only about 10 minutes to do. The front of the black section blew out right behind the tenon so I had to turn it down lower than the centerband(note the slight curve toward the centerband). After all was done I am pleased with the results. Even the centerband debaucle (big word)came out in a way I like. Kirk [8D] BTW I made this pen in hopes of selling it to some local OSU fans.

2004111405857_orange-black%20resin.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

YoYoSpin

You did well, despite the problems. In case you don't already know, turning plastics can be tricky, and is best done with a scraper where the burr has been removed...making a "negative rake" on the cutting surface.

jkirkb94

The orange is an acrylester resin and the black is an acrylic. Ed, thanks for the advise. I will look into a scraper. Have had to use a skew for the acrylesters and a gouge and skew for the acrylics. Willing to try anything that makes the turning easier. Kirk [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom