Oops I lied

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

This is the last poly stabilized piece I had, but I didn't think it took so I put it in the plexiglass hoping it would improve how it turned. The plexi didn't penetrate much because of the poly, but this one was easier to work than any of my other poly stabilized blanks. Dario's Buckeye Burl on a Titanium Americana (my first). I didn't realize that I had the upper barrel too small at the CB until it was too late to do anything about it. Lesson learned, I guess. I still like the look of it though.

200581945537_americana_buckeye_burl.jpg

Thanks for looking! And all comments are always welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

Wow! That sure is purty! And if you hadn't mentioned it, nobody would have noticed the CB problem because of the busyness of the background in that area. Protective coloration or camouflage? You could have gotten away with it. Maybe! Anyway, I'm pretty sure you could still sell this with no problem. It's nice!
[:)]

elody21

Great buckeye! Satin nickel and black also looks great with this wood also!

Fangar

Nice looking blank. I truly dislike that kit most of all! I have made one. Unfortunately I bought 4. The rest will be parted out into custom creations. Only my opinion, though I do love the wood.

James

alamocdc

James, I honestly think I know what you mean. I also bought five and I'm praying I can sell them. I doubt I'll order more. It's easy enough to make, but I personally don't like the look of it. It just seems to look too clunky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom