Nuthin' Special

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

My supervisor gave me some Lilac trimmings in May and I've been waiting on them to dry enough. They weren't very big so I wasn't expecting much, but what I found when I got inside surprised me. I made this for his wife for Christmas. Satin Silver SL, Mylands and TSW.

2005121254143_SL_SS_lilac.jpg

Comments and criticisms welcome as always.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

Very nice Billy,

The grain is really nice.
I got a piece of Lilac root from alice and I'm waiting until it is dry enough to turn.

JimGo

I'd heard Lilac can have some fantastic figure, with great colors, and this sure helps reinforce it! Nicely executed pen Billy!

alamocdc

Thanks, all! He loved it! At first he told me he couldn't except it. I told him he would insult me if he didn't take it for her. I said, "It's not for you, it's for your wife. Tell her I said Merry Christmas!" His eyes watered and he said, "Since it's for her, I can take it in exchange for the wood I gave you." I'm thinking, "Duh! I gave it to you for that reason." Besides, he is one of the best supervisors I've ever had. But we have this strange rule about supervisors not excepting gifts from subordinates. I understand it, but still... we're talking about $2 here. [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom