Northeast Pen-turner get-together?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
This place is about a 2 hour drive for me. I've been saying for over a year to visit the place.

I'm game if we can find a time and day. Weekend or over the holidays would work for me.

JimGo

Penn State Industries' store is about a 45 minute tripfrom there, too. I grew up in that area, and there's LOTS of good food there too!

ashaw

I am 15 minutes away from PSI showroom. Be glad to have a meeting, may be able to talk to PSI to have us over. I organized a turn-a-thon last year for FPP. PSI submitted 500 pens.

Alan

Thumbs

I sure would like to see the PSI showroom. I'm not so sure about that fancy museum though. And the last time I went into downtown Philly was about 25 years ago to set for an FCC exam. I can't imagine that it has gotten any better. I got my license and got out of town. No going back! [}:)]

ashaw

The Woodturning Center is a great place to go alot of resources for turners. As far a the City goes it has gotten better[:(]. The Philly Pen show is coming in January of next year. It is not as big as New York or DC but it is a good show and the price is right.

Just let me know and I'll talk to PSI to see if they can host a meeting in the showroom.

Alan

Fred in NC

Sounds good to me. Not exactly close to home, but then I like to travel and I will be retired by then.

It would be <u>very nice</u> to have access to a few lathes to do some demos. Maybe PSI will be interested, and host part of the event.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
January in Philly? Seems like the Pen Show last year was in the middle of a snow storm. Assuming we don't face that obstacle, I would love to see this come together.

JimGo

Waiting 'till the pen show sounds like a great idea! Since that's in January, I may not be able to make it (we're expecting our first child somewhere between Christmas and New Years), but don't let that stop things.

ashaw

congrat jim.

Last year we had a just under 2' of snow.[:D] Did not make the pen show.[:(] I shoveled all day.[xx(] This year hopefully no snow.

lkorn

FWIW, the "Turning Center" really is nothing more than a small gallery, devoted to lathe art. There were some incredible pieces on display the last time I was there, as well as the WORST Executed 10K fountain pen I've ever seen. The barrels weren't smooth, the finish was awful, and it was vastly overpriced. The only saving grace was that it was a beautiful piece of wood, that no one there could identify. Nor could they identify the turner. On the other hand, Philly is a fun city!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom