New Old Stock of Acrylic from Sheaffer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jtate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtate

Slimline with material I got form a fellow who had a little of it. I'm making a foundtina pen from it too.

Julia

aa881a63.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

So what is the material? Is it something that us mere mortals can get? [:)] It's very attractive- I like the shape of the pen near the nib in particular, very nice, gentle curve.

Dario

Nice pen and wonderful blank. If I may ask...is this from Tom Mullane? I thought I've seen similar blanks in the classifieds a few months back. Now I am sorry I didn't get some. [B)]

jtate

Nope, not from Tom Mullane. I don't think the fellow I got it from has any left. It was old stock from Sheaffer that he got directly from them. I think it was made in 1990 in Italy just for Sheaffer.

Julia

PenWorks

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Anthony, you show-off!!

Not really Ed, if I was showin off I would have shown a picture of the pen [:D]

Just wanted to show a better pic of the real color of the material and how pretty this stuff was. I still have about 6 rods left for my personal stash [:p]

PenWorks

Julia, don't feel you have to be bullied by these attorney's to reviel your source [:D]
It is perfectly fine to take the 5th every now & then [:)]
Jim,I am sure if you check with your Virginia consortium, you may find some. [:D]

jtate

Anthony, That's the stuff!

It's temperamental material (pun intended). When drilling your blanks you have to go it slowly or you melt the inside of the hole. You don't realize you've done it till you turn the pen itself. Then you get down to the melted part and suddenly all the lovely design disappears and you just have a gray sort of translucent blah stuff. That's the Voice-O-Experience!

You're shavings make it look like you found just the right speed for drilling.

Julia

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by jtate
<br />Anthony, That's the stuff!

You're shavings make it look like you found just the right speed for drilling.

Julia

Nah!! He sent it out, got it drilled then had them return the shavings to make it look good!!![}:)][}:)][}:)]

PenWorks

Julia, yes, a very fast melting point. I drill these with water. Take very little bites, back out the material refill the hole with water and do it again & again & again.
The water will harden the shavings and keep the sides of the blank from melting into a blah as you call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom