new lathe gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gcurran

Been looking for a new small lathe and decided that the way to go was with one of the mini metal lathes. I got the Micro-Mark 9x14 mini version of the genre. About 6pm today it arrived via UPS and was immediately moved to the shop

tn_lathe_01.jpg

Unpacked it all --

tn_lathe_04.jpg

tn_lathe_06.jpg

started assembly --

tn_lathe_07.jpg

and got together by 8 pm --

tn_lathe_09.jpg

and ran it in per instructions --

tn_lathe_11.jpg

tn_lathe_13.jpg

tommorrow I get to try it out!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bradbn4

From what little I have read, or was that understood - on the metal lathe user groups - that is a nice lathe.

Your first order of business is to rebuild it - and make it even better.

I almost managed to snag a used lathe 7 by 14 in near new condition a few weeks ago. But the first person in line (I was #2) decided it was a good deal and bought it for $400 dollars. The normal price was much higher.

Have fun with your new toy, and remember - you don't have to buy any more bushines any more.

Bradbn4 - having fun in colorado

BigShed

Very nice George. Did you buy this for metal turning only, or are you planning to some wood pen turning on this as well?

Are you sure this is a 9x14? I was under the impression that the smallest 9x they make is 9x20, or is it a 7x14?

Have been procrastinating for a few weeks now whether to buy one of the 7x14 small lathes, still haven't decided.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Thanks for sharing, hope you enjoy your new toy.

You realise of course this is only the start? Lots of tooling and gadgets to be bought now!

rherrell

Originally posted by gcurran

No, I mistyped last nite - it is a 7x14.
WHEW! I just ordered the same lathe, be here next week. If there was a 9x14 and I didn't see it I was gonna be PO'd at myself.
Maybe you could let a brother know if you run into any problems I should know about? This is opening a whole new door for me, I'm EXCITED.[8D]

Top Bottom