New kit...I like it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

Here's a pair of the new PSI Workshop/Sketch Pencils in EPR Cloudy-Blue and Ebony Steelwood. Picked up a dozen of these kits through Ryan's introductory sale...it’s a nice kit with very robust parts, easy to turn and assemble. If you know a pencil sketch artist, they'd probably love to have one.

pencil_2a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Ed, looks very simular to the CS one, except for two barrels instead of one. Is there a sharpener in this one as well in the cap? Very nice pencils, I do well with those.

YoYoSpin

Anthony, yes the guts are identical, including the sharpener cap.

I like the center band embellishment on the PSI model, but just noticed that CS's pencil is a little sharper [8D] when it comes to pricing...50 from CS = $5.59, 50 from Ryan = $6.45 and 50 directly from PSI = $6.95.

YoYoSpin

Serge, PSI/Ryan sell extra lead in three-packs, including colored lead (red, green and blue)...its pretty cool. Check page 32 of PSI's latest catalog or just give Ryan a call.

Woodscavenger, the photo above shows the PSI version, right out of the box...uh, baggy[:p]...no mods were made.

atvrules1

Nicely done Ed. I think I like the beads right on the end of the barrel a little better than the ones set back a little on the blue one. But the workmanship is very impressive. Both are great pencils.

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
One of the complaints about CSU's Woodworkers' pencil was that the back was open. Looks like this one has a fitting there. Have you made the CSU version? Any other significant differences? (Is the mechanism the same as CSU's?)

rtgleck

Ed,

Great looking pencils. I love that blue one. Really stands out. Now.. 2 questions.

1. who's Ryan's company (I guess I haven't picked that one up yet)
2. How have you lived within a couple hours of me, and I haven't come down to see you Cast Resign, Make Pens/Yo Yo's/Wine Bottle Stoppers, etc? I might have to schedule that soon.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Really nice looking pencils, Ed.

Another potential market might be engineers and draftsmen. Many years ago, I sold similar (lead-size) pencils, that were mass produced to the drafting market. Now, with CAD (computer assisted drafting), I don't know if they still do hand-drafting or if its another lost talent.

Just a thought for marketing.

BTW, 11MM drill??? The lead is thick, but WOW!!
[:0][:0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom