New design Component kit Made in the USA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Constant Laubscher

I have just finished this new design this week. I have only made a couple of samples.
I have used the Sierra style clip(for now)and the Brass tube is also the same as the Sierra style kits.( 27/64th)
For me to manufacture a clip is pretty expensive ($3.65 - 410 ss, cut, bend, heat treat, tumble, buff) I just got a OBI(Open Back Inclinable) punch press and as time goes on will make a progressive die to make the clips.
The finished diameter of the barrel ends are .500". All parts are made from 316 Stainless. The Parts are tumbled with plastic media first and then with walnut shell in a high energy tumbler before it is hand polished to a chrome like finish.
The pen is slightly shorter than the Sierra style pens and it weigh about the same.
The twist mechanism is in the back of the pen. (twist finial)

Comments are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_2400.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

It uses the standard 27/64th tube of which lenght(one for BP or click)?

Any idea on price point yet? Plating options?

Looks purty good....I give it a thumbs up!

Scott

maxman400

I like the pen a lot, the ridge and shape of the nib looks like it would lend it's self to a good grip and prevent sliding of the hand. I have never been a fan of the sierra clip, I would prefer the elegant sierra or a similar style clip. Look forward to seeing them in production, and like all of the others "the price"

Top Bottom