Need PDF help....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Hi folks, I need a little help from my extended online family here at the IAP. :)

The day centre I go to prints out a bi-monthly newsletter which is roughly 40 - 50 pages thick, these are mostly Word, Excel and various other Microsoft Works applications, we use Windows xp and Vista programes.

I have been asked if I can make this newsletter into a PDF version, so who knows of any good conversion applications/software that can help us out.

Will not be online for a good few hours , but will answer any questions as soon as I get back, sorry for delay in replying to any suggestions! :highfive:

Thank you
Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

Hi Mark
I use Primo PDF which is free.
http://www.primopdf.com/index.aspx

Once its installed, just open your word document for example, and click file & print. in the printers list you will now have "Primo PDF" just select that and click print. it will then generate a PDF document for you, rather than using all your paper and ink!

Dave Turner

There are lots of good free PDF print drivers out there. Here is a listing of some of the best. Here is another more detailed review. I use LibreOffice for my main office apps, which is also free and can print out anything directly to PDF (just like the Microsoft Office apps).

kevrob

Mark,

I have the full version and would be happy to convert it into PDF if the free versions cannot do such a large file. Just let me know!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
If you have the latest (2007 Office) programs, you can use a save as PDF from any of them. No need to convert. If you compress the pictures it creates a pretty small file.

Scott

When I was still working, my secretary liked CutePDF. She even kept using it after we bought her the full version of Adobe Acrobat!

Scott.

Mark,
I use OPEN OFFICE as my word program and for spread sheets... it's open source and free to download... it has an application that will let you export any document as a PDF

There are several other free programs that will let you do PDF's as well...

Ligget

Grant, Brad, Charles, Dave, Kevin, Bruce, Scott and Chuck - many thanks for your help of either providing links or the kind offers to do them for me, it makes me proud to be a member of this forum.

Problem will now be sorted, Thank You!!

nava1uni

I just want to say that I am impressed by the amount of collective knowledge that exists on IAP. Whenever I read posts like this I learn so much and the resources shared make it possible to accomplish so many things. Thanks to all for sharing with the rest of us.

Top Bottom