MyMutt - Amalgam Mutt that is.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from shawnmhill

shawnmhill

I got these blanks in the mail today and had to turn one. Skewed down just proud of bushings. 400-600 sand, 4 coats of thin CA, 4 coats of medium CA,then 3 more coats of thin. I wanted to even out any ridges before finishing. 400 & 600 again the wet MM up to 12k. Followed by Huts znd Ren Wax.

These blanks turned like a dream and the depth of the colors look like you can dive in. I think my fiance is going to steal this one, too!

BTW. Yes, I know the pic isn't that good. We are still working on it. I think you need a Masters to use this *&%$ SLR!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0524a.jpg
    DSC_0524a.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 376
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

DSC_ = Sony?

Love the pen, photo seems just a tad out of focus, but that could be my eyes(I really need to go to the Eye-guy again).

Scott (got a Sony too....learning curve) B

shawnmhill

DSC_ = Sony?

Love the pen, photo seems just a tad out of focus, but that could be my eyes(I really need to go to the Eye-guy again).

Scott (got a Sony too....learning curve) B

No Sony. It's a Nikon. I don't understand all these dang settings!

bobleibo

I got these blanks in the mail today and had to turn one. Skewed down just proud of bushings. 400-600 sand, 4 coats of thin CA, 4 coats of medium CA,then 3 more coats of thin. I wanted to even out any ridges before finishing. 400 & 600 again the wet MM up to 12k. Followed by Huts znd Ren Wax.

These blanks turned like a dream and the depth of the colors look like you can dive in. I think my fiance is going to steal this one, too!

BTW. Yes, I know the pic isn't that good. We are still working on it. I think you need a Masters to use this *&%$ SLR!!!

Shawn
That is a wild pen blank....it looks awesome with that kit!
As far as the photo, I'm assuming that you are shooting in auto mode and doing it close up. The camera will then use a center focal point which is why the center band on the pen is in focus and the ends are a bit fuzzy. Try shooting from further back which will focus on the entire pen then you can crop the photo later, or set your camera to focus on the entire frame rather than use the center focus setting.
Also, look up "depth of field" in the manual or Google...that will explain what is going on a lot better than I can.
I shoot with a Nikon D5000 and it took me forever to figure it out. Thank God digital "film" is free or I would be broke!
Good Luck.....
Bob

Top Bottom