My most recent pen Ancient Mars Elegant Beauty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lenny

Lenny

Here is my first attempt at turning one of Ed's blanks from Exoticblanks. (Thanks Ed!)

I'd like to say I put a great deal of thought into it but actually I just thought ... "This is such a nice blank I should use it for a sierra style so I can have two chances to get it right" and it just happened that the Elegant Beauty was the only kit I had available. =0)

Since my rookie year is winding down I guess I should open myself up for critiques.

Have at it!

Attachments

• MarsEB.jpg
    MarsEB.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 363
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gvanweerd

Very Nice... I like...I really love the blank. Exoticblanks? i'll have go take a look. thanks for sharing.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
LOL .. I have one of those in my hand right now.. and I did the same thing
you did .. gave myself two chances with the blank.

Looks great! Now I'll have to go see if I have an EB

Ligget

Lenny the pen looks fantastic from what I can make out, your picture needs to be bigger especially if you want feedback regarding fit and finish!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Lenny the pen looks fantastic from what I can make out, your picture needs to be bigger especially if you want feedback regarding fit and finish!

Mark,

This old dog learned a new trick that may help. Hit ctrl and the plus sign and the screen image grows. Soon, you can SEE it!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Almost forgot!!

NICE lookin pen, Lenny!! So, when do we get to see the second one???

Seems like a good strategy to keep the retail price "affordable" for Christmas presents!!!

Lenny

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great turning, Lenny.

The white Noveau Scepter is extraordinary!! They all appear to fit very well--so when's the show???

Lenny

Great turning, Lenny.

The white Noveau Scepter is extraordinary!! They all appear to fit very well--so when's the show???

Thanks Ed!

Dec. 5th

Having a little trouble building my inventory up ... my daughter keeps taking them into work and selling them! :tongue:

I learned something from the Noveau Scepter .... that I have to do a better job painting my blanks/tubes. :eek:

Thanks for looking at them.

Lenny

Beautiful! and I think the colors in the blank and kit compliment eachother very well.

Thanks!
That's what I thought after putting it together. If I had put thought into it ahead of time I probably wouldn't have gotten it right. Luckily, I guess, the law of averages was working with me this time. :)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Next time you order, try a piece of "wedding white". While I still recommend painting the tubes white, that white acrylic (Made in Italy) is much more dense than the Asian whites (which I used many of, before I started importing).

FWIW!

Top Bottom