My Georgia O'Keeffe Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

Kathy made up a Polymer clay blank that reminded me very much of a Georgia O'Keeffe painting. So I grabbed it and spun it up. Put on countless coats of thin CA to smoothly encapsulate the glitter in the blank. I had to sand off a little bit of the original glitter but I like it better as it is. Another great job by Kathy of KNB Polymers.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• P1010523.JPG
    P1010523.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 207
  • P1010522.JPG
    P1010522.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 140
  • P1010521.JPG
    P1010521.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 120
  • P1010520.JPG
    P1010520.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 103
  • P1010519.JPG
    P1010519.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 116
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

It is pretty femmy for sure!! But then again what would pen making be if all the pens were just turned aluminum, 50 cal with some burly ash, or Road Rage Red Acrylics!! Gotta balance it out and appeal to that softer side!!

It sure is femmy even by my standards LOL!!

bitshird

I really like it Bree, it does sort of remind one of Georgia O'Keeffe, I have some of her Santa Fe Opera prints, The blanks is very beautiful, and you did a tasty job with the component set.

Bree

I really like it Bree, it does sort of remind one of Georgia O'Keeffe, I have some of her Santa Fe Opera prints, The blanks is very beautiful, and you did a tasty job with the component set.

These polymer clay pens are really super easy to do. I feel like a cheater since I get a lot of credit that I don't really deserve. I just lightly sand them with 600 Abranet and do my thin CA/polishing thing. Even the kit assembly is a breeze. They look so good for such little work!

Now if you are making the canes and doing the tubes... that's a different story. That is some detail oriented work and our polymer clay artists do a super job. It's not out of the reach of the ordinary pen maker but it requires some learning and practice to make the tubes. We are going to take a stab at some once we score a little free time.

The Sierras are all Timberbits. I like their stuff and they have the nice price.

I plan to get back to doing more wood pens soon. Less spectacular but in many ways a lot more challenging and satisfying.

Top Bottom