My first cat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Leopard blank from Ed4copies (Thanks!). Thanks to those who look and particularly to those who comment.

2006330234519_Leopard.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Boy I have been admiring these pens and love the way they look!
If I may ask....How was it to turn and finish?
Stunning pen and perfect kit finish selection!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Great work, Lou. I sold my first Leopard Baron immediately, and my daughter was kind enough to relieve me of my Snow Leopard Jr Gent.

Ron, it turns great, and finishes very quickly with MM and Novus polish.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Are you an artist too? It amazes me how some of you seem to know what a pen will look good before you even start! I know that the finish can be mastered, but to see the inside before it is turned is awesome! Good eye, Lou!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Ron and Jim - this is the easiest acrylic I've turned...by far. (Of course, I don't turn a lot of acrylic [:D]) It polishes very easily.

Hank - in all sincerity, the Man upstairs looks after me. I just try not to mess it up to badly.

Tom, Janet, William and Harry - thanks so much. I really appreciate your comments.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />I hate to tell you this Lou, but you forgot part of the CB. [:p][}:)]

Very nice as always, buddy!

No, Billy, the blank is browns, creams and yellow-oranges. The black didn't look good in there, so I took it out. Thank heaven for HF punches!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />I hate to tell you this Lou, but you forgot part of the CB. [:p][}:)]

Very nice as always, buddy!

No, Billy, the blank is browns, creams and yellow-oranges. The black didn't look good in there, so I took it out. Thank heaven for HF punches!

Lou,

That is a REALLY nice look. When you decided to take out the black, does the top still screw on right, ie, does it matter if its a FP or RB? I agree that GREATLY enhances the pattern match, which, by the way, LOOKS PERFECT!!!

Thanks for showing this-the next shipment is on order, should be here around tax day.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks for the kind and generous words. This particular resin looks better in person than it photographs. Ed, the removal of the trim rings shortens the cap by less than 1/8" so it does not impact neither a rollerball nor a fountain pen. I've also added extra rings. It lets you play a bit more than usual with the kit.

BigRob777

Lou,
Thanks for posting this. I've still not done a baron yet, but it's good to know that this shape looks so good. As you know, this is the type of shape I prefer to turn. Nicely done.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom