MPG Activities

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

We always have a blast at the MPG (Midwest Penturner's Gathering) with some friendly competition. This year there will be three contests. So bring out your best to compete at the MPG.

General Rules:

1. Each contest is a penturning contest. The entries must write and function as a pen.

2. The pens entered must not have been entered in a previous contest. The pen is allowed if it has been shown before but never in a contest.

3. You may only enter one contest and you may only enter one pen in the chosen contest, so make it your best.

4. Prizes are awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

5. Have fun!

Beginner Contest:
This contest is open to any penturner whether you have been turning for 1 day or 99 years. The point of this contest is to be a complete ballpoint kit pen with absolutely no modifications. This is the ideal competition for someone just starting out, but if you feel you are still new to penturning even after 100 pens then this contest is for you.

Intermediate Contest:
The Intermediate contest is also open to any penturner at any skill level. The Intermediate contest is a modified kit contest. Whether you are simply swapping out a centerband or turning closed end with a new centerband and new finial, then this is your contest. Amazing things can be done to spruce up a kit, and we'd like to see what you've got.

Advanced Contest:
Welcome to the free-for-all contest. Whatever you create and want to enter is fine with this contest. No rules, no guidelines, just beautiful pens. The top prize for this contest will be well worth the effort.

Please contact Buzzzz4 (Eric) with any questions.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

A slight adjustment to rule number two. You may enter up to Two categories with two separate pens. Have fun and see ya in a few weeks!

Buzzzz4

No, although that would be fun, I plan to act as a judge, wonder where I could find a couple others around to help me with that task ;)

Buzzzz4

Thank you for the offer, but I think I am set. Can't wait to meet you and put a face with the name.

Last edited:
Top Bottom