Mother of Pearl Inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodpens

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpens

I just tried making Mother of Pearl inlays for the first time. It is hard stuff but looks great on pens. Ghasan and Diane provided the material. The photo doesn't do it justice. The Mother of Pearl is very colorful when you move the pen around. The pen is made from Buffalo Horn with sterling silver hardware.

Image Insert:
2004420211756_hornmop.jpg

33.29KB

Daniel

WOW,
talk about capturing my heart, not only do I like this pen, the materials you selected are some of my favorites. In fact I have them right here with me. wish I had the Inlay tools. I am half tempted to try it by hand. fantastic design choice for the inlay as well. not to much and not to little allowing the MOP to do it's own flashing against the dark colors of the horn.
that pen is on the upper shelf of classy for me. Got that chrome thing happenin as well. Stylin, simply sylin.
not that I'm excited about it or anything :)
Just goes to show it doesn't have to be the fanciest pen you ever made to punch the buttons for someone.
thanks for showing that one Jim.

woodpens

Thanks for your comments, Daniel. Get up with me sometime off list, and I will add an inlay to your pen if you like. You just turn it a little oversize. I cut the pocket and insert the inlay, then you finish turning the pen normally.

Daniel

Oh!
I could definitly take you up on that with something like this. Let me brew a bit on just what pen style etc. and I have the mother of pearl and all. I really like the gent's pen so I will probably end up in that catagory somewhere. I'll e-mail you about the particulars.
thanks for the offer. I havn't been this jazzed about a pen in a long time. except maybe tim's ebony slimline and Julies Cigar pen. both are in the album here. they both stike the same nerve in me with the barrel shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom