Mini Cartridge Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BLLEHMAN

BLLEHMAN

This is my first post of a pen. I made this mini cartridge pen from a 30-06 cartridge. It was a little more work than I expected but it was a learning experience. Pictures are not to good but I am still new to all of this.

Thanks,
Ben

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 238
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 211
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 196
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pssherman

Thats a neat design. Is it retractable? If it isn't, I think there is a way to make this design retractable by twisting the nib.

As for it taking a lot more work than you expected, that is normal. When coming up with a new design, it almost always takes more work than you expected. This is because you don't know what you will encounter as you develop the design. Perseverence and patience will lead you to new discoveries as you now have learned. Good work!:good:

sbell111

Did you basically use the same method that you would use to make a .50 pen out of a cigar kit, but with a 30-06 and a mini kit?

BLLEHMAN

Yes it is fully retractable. And yes it is the same basic concept as the 50 cal, just alot smaller. I used half of a teacher's pen kit (so I could get two trannies out of it) and the piece of wood I had to turn to engage the mech and center the nib was really thin, smaller than my slimline bushings!

sbell111

Yes it is fully retractable. And yes it is the same basic concept as the 50 cal, just alot smaller. I used half of a teacher's pen kit (so I could get two trannies out of it) and the piece of wood I had to turn to engage the mech and center the nib was really thin, smaller than my slimline bushings!
It sure is cool.

Top Bottom