May meeting in Milwaukee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
It's about time for us to get together once again.

May 6th at Woodcraft at noon Ron Nelson will be doing our demo on photographing pens.

Before retiring Ron was one of the top photographers in his field. Be sure to bring all your questions.

As always we will have a blank exchange. We will also have a pen exchange for those interested.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EuroChris

Will any of the photo demo be videotaped? I don't think I'm going to be able to get to the meeting and even if I can I most likely won't make it till after 1.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Will any of the photo demo be videotaped? I don't think I'm going to be able to get to the meeting and even if I can I most likely won't make it till after 1.

Chris,

To the best of my knowledge Dennis is going to video all our demos. I don't know when the video would be available. It takes him quite a while to edit. He also videos all our Milwaukee Area Woodturners demos.

If your unable to make the meeting on sunday you can attend our Milwaukee Area Woodturners meeting on the 7th. (monday) as a guest. We're going to have basically the same demo on that night. Our meeting starts at 6:30. We meet on every first monday of the month.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
It's about time for us to get together once again.

May 6th at Woodcraft at noon Ron Nelson and I will be doing a demo on photographing pens.

Before retiring Ron was one of the top photographers in his field. Be sure to bring all your questions.

As always we will have a blank exchange. We will also have a pen exchange for those interested.

Our meeting is just one short week away.
Hope to see everyone there.

EuroChris

Bummer that my boys and I were unable to attend the meeting today. So how did it go? Good turn out? Good demos?

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Bummer that my boys and I were unable to attend the meeting today. So how did it go? Good turn out? Good demos?

Ron and I feel the demo went real well. What was going to mostly about lighting got into lighting techniques, color correction with Photoshop and more. The demo lasted about twice as long as expected.
Later in the week I'm going to be posting pictures and a PDF file with recommended supplies and their sources.

Tomorrow night we're doing the demo again for our wood turning club but it's going to centered more around photographing bowls and hollow forms. You and the boys are welcome to join us if you can.

Note: Anyone unable to attend the meeting today is welcome to join us tomorrow (Monday) night at Woodcraft at 630.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
It's said "No pics, it didn't happen"

Last Sunday we had a demo at our meeting on how to photograph a pen.
Here's a few pictures from then.

Attached is also a list of recommended equipment.

Attachments

• IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1422.jpg
    IMG_1422.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1423.jpg
    IMG_1423.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Photography Demo Equipment List.pdf
    40.1 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_1422a.jpg
    IMG_1422a.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Wow, that pen picture is very good and I can't believe that he only had a single light source and a diffuser!

Is there a date for the next meeting?

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Wow, that pen picture is very good and I can't believe that he only had a single light source and a diffuser!

Is there a date for the next meeting?

One light source, a piece of white matt board used as a reflector and a mirror. The type of light is also very important.

There's a reason for using one light source that I can go into more detail in an article I'm doing for the library. But it may take a while.

The next meeting is scheduled for August 12. The demo is undecided. Any ideas? Volunteers? :biggrin:

Top Bottom