Massachusetts Tru-Quarter™

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

I think this means I'm down to ten quarters left before finally completing all 50 State quarters! C & C welcome. This quarter was a challenge! If you notice, I only have two itty bitty connector points! It's was about 2 hours of pucker-time! LOL

2012-07-28 12.03.01-1.jpg

2012-07-28 12.06.08-1.jpg

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Once the coin is cut, how do you bend it around a pen tube wothout breaking it?

Adam

very carefully!:eek::biggrin: But sometimes they do break, but they are still usable, just have to be smart about how you do it! In this case, when i go to bend it, if it snaps(which will probably be where the two connector points are)I will just continue on with the bending process and re-position the pieces where they need to go, maybe use a dab of CA to hold it in place, you'll never see that once cast

Last edited:

seamus7227

What kind of blade do you use? Spirial or a normal kind?

I use both at times, just depends on which quarter i am cutting out. The spiral blades are very aggressive and cut a huge amount of material out, so generally when i am cutting very tedious areas, i am using a very tiny blade:biggrin:

Pretty freekin cool Seamus. That does look like it has a pucker factor of 10.

Lupe, closer to 12.5!:eek: LOL

Hey.. from MA, thats really cool!!

thanks!

seamus7227

that minute man looks very cool. have you done the old man on the mountain yet? you have been doing this now for sometime which piece has been your favorite?

You mean this guy?!

Im not sure which quarter has been my favorite:rolleyes:. I think if i had to choose, probably south carolina

Attachments

• New Hampshire.jpg
    New Hampshire.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 125
  • South Carolina.jpg
    South Carolina.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 133

clapiana

neat yes that is the old man :). the Lord took him home a few years back in that he fell off the side of the mountain he was on :(. a sad day in our states history. I agree that NC coin indeed is some intricate work which is pretty slick

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I always love seeing these, especially on pens. :biggrin:
Seamus, have you collected a set for yourself? Also, what about a Washington DC quarter? Any other regions besides DC also have their own coin?

Are some coins rarer than others and difficult to get hold of?
I'm sure if you list the ones you haven't done yet, then you will be sent loads. :wink:

Top Bottom