Mark all new posts as read?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dthayer

Hello,

I have no idea if this is at all possible but I think it would be a nice feature to have a way on the New Posts screen to mark them all as read.

I tend to go to that page and read the ones I'm interested in (returning to the page after each thread by clicking on the New Posts link at the top again).

After I have culled through all that I'm interested in, I click on Forums, and then the Forums link at the very top of that drop down, scroll to the bottom, and finally click on the Mark Forums as Read link which will also clear out the New Posts list.

There might already be a better way of doing this but I haven't stumbled upon it yet.

Anyway, thanks for the consideration and keep up the great work. All you folks that give up your time to run this site are awesome!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Two things that are a little simpler:
1. After reading a thread in new posts, just hit the "back arrow" on your browser, taking you back to the New Threads.
2. After reading all that you desire, click on "Quick Links". The third item there will mark ALL forums read, which will clear the remaining New Posts.
Does this do it for you?

CREID

If you go to the (Quick Links) and click on that. What I do is click on today's posts to get all the new posts and after I am done I click (Mark all forums read).

Curt

SteveG

Also, if you have just cleared the current "New Posts" by using the "Mark Forums Read", then suddenly decide you want to go back and look at the "New Posts" again, you can go back to "Quick Links" and hit "Today's Posts". This will bring back all the New Posts, but the ones you have just looked at are indicated by lighter font on the thread title.

dthayer

Cool, thanks much! I didn't realize that was under quick links. That will save me a few clicks and some scrolling... don't want to work that index finger too hard! :rolleyes:

Sappheiros

Oh, gosh. I've been going to long way 'round. Sometimes I like to go through each and every thread, but there times I just have to skip some.

Top Bottom