Majestic Disassembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

How in the world do you diassemble the cap end of a majestic? The long black sleeve that presses into the barrel is really in there! The nib end is pretty easy, but the cap end is something else, except for the clip. Any suggestions on how to do this without destroying the whole thing?:confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leestoresund

Try like i do the Jr. Gents.
Drill a hole the size used to drill for the tube in a two by.
Put a threaded end into the plastic and push.
Then use a transfer punch to press out the CB.

Lee

renowb

Thanks Lee. sounds good. I will give it a shot. Does that sleeve inside have to be that long? Could it be shortened or does it have a purpose for the nib to set in?
Try like i do the Jr. Gents.
Drill a hole the size used to drill for the tube in a two by.
Put a threaded end into the plastic and push.
Then use a transfer punch to press out the CB.

Lee

Tage

Funny (ironic funny, not ha ha funny), I was just logging on to ask the same thing. I ruined an Art Deco rollerball tonight trying to disassemble it (put the band in the wrong end, not paying attention and rushing through assembly). I'll call PSI tomorrow, hoping they sell individual replacement parts (center band assembly and tubes).

Renowb....let us know how it works for you. Good luck.

ldb2000

I never have to disassemble MY pens but I help a friend that has had to do it several times :rolleyes: The way we do it is we use a transfer punch that just fits through the threaded part and knock the finial out first , then we use a punch that just fits through the threads on the plastic part but don't fit through the upper cone shaped part of the plastic part and push the plastic part through the finial end , then we put another punch from the finial end and knock out the metal center band . By doing it this way you don't crush the threaded plastic part or damage the threaded side by trying to get the metal CB out first .

renowb

Thanks guys. I had one crack on me like it fit too tight. Sooo...I am having to try to save the parts. Is the center band assy one part? It comes that way from PSI but the instructions show it is 2 pieces??

Top Bottom