Lucite Jr Statesman II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

Blue Lucite on a Jr Stateman II kit. The pictures don't do the material justice - there's a depth tho the shine that is just amazing. Well worth trying at least once!

Open and closed, for your viewing pleasure. As always, comments and critiques are welcome...will be posting it over in the Critiques forum too.

Blue%20Lucite%20Jr%20Statesman%20-%20open.jpg

Blue%20Lucite%20Jr%20Statesman.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Serge,
No, this stuff isn't a home brew - I got this through Anthony (via Lou) a few months ago during the Provo show. I am pretty sure Anthony got it from http://www.PipeMakers.org

ashaw

Jim
Good looking pen. I have some of that material comming today. Any difference in working with that material.

Again Good job.
Alan

JimGo

Alan,
The lucite is pretty hard, and likes to chip. I knocked the edges off using some sandpaper stuck to the faceplate for my lathe, but if you have a belt or disc sander, that will work too. This pen was turned mostly using a scraper; next time, I'll rough it down to close to the appropriate size, then switch to a skew just because the scraper tended to encourage chipping, whereas when I use a skew, I can control the aggressiveness of the cut much better. However, this may be due to my lack of experience with the scraper.

Best of luck with your pen - I can't wait to see it! Yours too, Coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom