Lava Red Pinecone Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

This was a freebie sent to me by Wolftat on my last order. I had a chip out at the edge while turning so I had to correct it with thin CA. The blank was treated at several places with thin CA to stabilize some parts I was concerned with. I put two coats of thin on the blank and then 3 coats of medium CA/BLO followed by wet sanding to MM-12000, Meguiar's and Ren Wax.

I had to give the pen away to my sweetie who get bugging me for it. At5 least I was able to get some PIX. There is a shadow across the gloss on the lower half of the pen from a plant that was blocking the light. The entire pen is high gloss.

sCIMG5708.jpg
sCIMG5707.jpg

sCIMG5709.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sefali

Beautiful pen. As usual, you did the blank proud.

As for your sig, what if you never met the 60's to begin with?:tongue:

PaulDoug

Nice pen. I like the pine cones. Looks good cast in red. The only thing your picture need IMHO is a white background so the pen shows up better.

Bree

Thx guys! The pinecone seemed kinda punky to me despite being well cast in the acrylic. I had a chunky section partly blow out near the edge. It was primarily pine cone flesh that blew out so it is good to have some thin CA around when you do one of these. The resin can't 100% correct for the softness of the material itself. At least that's the way I am seeing it after doing one.
:wink::wink::wink:

Top Bottom