L:eather

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

I was browing photos of my pens and came across this one I did awhile back. It is made from leather disks a-la Kenn Osborne. The disks were cut out with a hollow punch as was a hole in the center. I stacked the disks and brass tube on a bolt between washers and after adding more disks than needed, I squeezed them toghther with a nut. I removed them and restacked them with an epoxy coating and glued them together. The leather was different colors and purchased from Hobby Lobby as a bag of scrap. I turned them using a skew and scraper. Sanded and finished with a coat of Crystal coat...which was what I was usnig at the time. Others have been finished with CA. Thanks Ken for the motivation and tutoring.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Image Insert:
20048294931_leather.jpg

17.1 KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom McMillan

Gee, I thought it was just me---I don't see the photo either. I know when Don realizes it, he'll repost it. I recall one he shared at Yahoo, and they are nice.

its_virgil

Hey all,
I have reposted it numerous times this morning and I don't know if my picture has a problem or this board not accepting pictures. I will keep trying or you can go to http://www.tinyurl.com/38hor and take a look. This is my personal yahoo pen album. It is the same pen I posted on Yahoo penturners but some of you have not seen it because I never posted it here. Anyone else having problems posting pictures? Or is it just me?
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Tom McMillan
<br />Gee, I thought it was just me---I don't see the photo either. I know when Don realizes it, he'll repost it. I recall one he shared at Yahoo, and they are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom