Just wanted to see . . .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cozee

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozee

I've had some BLO for a couple of weeks and decided to see what it would do for some maple that needed a bit of help. Finished both pens with CA. I like it.

MAPLECIGa.jpg

MAPLESLb.jpg

MAPLESL2a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by cozee
<br />I've had some BLO for a couple of weeks and decided to see what it would do for some maple that needed a bit of help. Finished both pens with CA. I like it.

Beautiful finish.... and now I got to see what a slimline without a centerband looks like!

Very nice...
thumbsup%20smiley.gif

GBusardo

They look great! The no band slim looks sleak. Just curious, how long did you wait after applying the BLO before applying the CA? The finish looks awesome.

cozee

Thanks all for the comments.

I sparingly applied the BLO with a paper towel after which I immediately buffed it with a dry paper towel. A few minutes later began the CA application.

redfishsc

Greg, does some of that curly maple look familiar to me?

BTW, BLO LOVES CA!

Download Russ Fairfield's video on CA finishing with BLO. You really don't need to let it dry for very long. In fact, just apply it, and with the lathe running, burnish the oil with some heat. Then start with the CA. The BLO will act as a mild accelerator with CA--- I'd bet it's the metallic driers in BLO that does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom