Just a little sumpin'

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I threw together between working on Christmas orders. Homebrew PR, Slate Blue Pearl with a rather poor attempt at an Autumn Gold Pearl swirl. I liked the way it looked well enough to use TN parts for it.

200591833229_TNmodSL_slatebluePR.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look and as always, all comments are welcome.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
It looks like the tube is showing on the nib end, but other than that I like the color and execution...
I always color the tubes to match the color of the acrylics I am doing... it seems that you never know exactly how translucent the material will be... I have had good luck with various permanent markers.. the art supply shops have them in all the colors of the rainbow and then some.. Since I use epoxy for gluing the tubes I don't have a problem with CA changing the colors...

alamocdc

Thanks, guys! I actually did forget to color the tubes on this one. I usually do as well, Tom, but I didn't remember that I had forgotten until I had the epoxy on the first tube and it was almost seated... it was late. [:I] Then I figured that since there was gold mixed in it might not look too bad if it did show. Another of life's little lessons. [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom