Jr. Majestic in Dyed Maple Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from marionquill

marionquill

Here are a few of picturs of a Jr. Majestic roller ball, made from maple burl I dyed blue while on the lathe. It's finished with CA and a light coat of carnuba wax.

Jason

Attachments

• Majestic_MapleBurl_BlueClosed1.JPG
    Majestic_MapleBurl_BlueClosed1.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 345
  • Majestic_MapleBurl_Blue.JPG
    Majestic_MapleBurl_Blue.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 259
  • Majestic_MapleBurl_BlueOpen.JPG
    Majestic_MapleBurl_BlueOpen.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 244
  • Majestic_MapleBurl_BlueClosed.JPG
    Majestic_MapleBurl_BlueClosed.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 284
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Snorton20

That is one nice looking pen Jason, great job. I bet the wife did not give you any slack for anything less then perfection. LOL
I think this one will make it to the front page as well.

Last edited:

bitshird

You did a great job, I like the Majestic kit, I just wish they would loose the pimp stone, most guy's shy away from it, but it's a great Ladies pen, your dye job looks great, nice color.

SamThePenMan

Very nice! How does the weight of the pen feel compared to others? I know some people don't like the size of the standard majestic, they say its too big.

marionquill

Thanks! This is a Jr. Majestic and is still rather large and heavy--I can't imagine the normal size! This is one I'd think hard about before commiting to making one in Tru-stone...in tru-stone I think it'd be too heavy to be anything more than a signature pen. The pimp stone may take away most men as perspective buyers, especially when shown next to a statesman or emperor but on its own, I like it. Of all the kits that have postable caps that I've made, I'd say this one goes together best and feels very well balanced. The ladies at the store I sell my pens all went nuts for it and really liked how it felt when writing. I'll be buying more of these kits :D

Jason

Top Bottom