It's all in the presentation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldimick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldimick

My youngest brother got married in Las Vegas yesterday. Since both families are located all over the western states they decided to make it equally inconveninet for everyone.

So a few months ago I tried to think of an appropriate gift for them. Naturally I thought of making them some pens that would hold some special meaning. I originally thought that I'd make the guest book pen but that really did not drive my passion.

So I decided to make them matching pens in Green Curly poplar from BB. But I was faced with the dilemma on how to make them attractive enough to make them a truly lasting gift.

I decided to have them engraved them with their names and wedding date. So I visited Ken Nelsens website.

I was curious about the whole laser engraving process and the variety of items that Ken can cut. So Ken graciously allowed me to visit his home yesterday morning, before the wedding, and he engraved a few pens for me.

He also engraved the two boxes below. This gift brought tears to the eyes of the bride.

2005410171553_pensa%20and%20box.jpg

2005410171626_box.jpg

The neat thing was that the picture on the boxes was one that they had matted and had all of the wedding guests sign.

Ken did an outstanding job and was extremely gracious to do this.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

laserturner

Thanks to Lynn and all for the kinds words. Glad to hear the gift was well received. It was a great idea. Lynn and I had a good time talking and exchanging a few penturning stories. It's always nice to meet the people that send me their pens and stuff and to show them how the engraving is done. Anyone in the Vegas area is more than welcome to swing buy and say hi.
Ken

ldimick

The funny part is that while at the reception a waiter saw a Stateman made from Spalted Oak that Ken engraved for me and now I have 4 or 5 more to make and ship back to Vegas. First time I went to vegas with more money than I went with.

JimGo

Lynn, those are really beautiful pens, and a very special gift. I'm not surprised that they would bring tears to the bride's eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom