Italiano Experiment - (Encore)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Well its been a while since I turned a pen, numerous reasons.
Steve brought me my italian resins that he has been turning up a storm with lately. So it was a good enough reason to plug the lathe in and give it a crank before I move it to my new studio next week. :)

I did some blank touch up to the cap, a little paint on the tube and inside of the barrel. The pen body is tubeless and left the blank its natural color. Complete with a Penchetta 14K nib, sitting next to one of my pencil holders.

Thanks for looking, comments always welcom...pro or con :)

200681745043_italian%20fuma.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Lovely Anthony. Am I seeing that the cap is a bit darker that the body. I like the effect. Excellent pen cup as well.

I orderd a few of the pinks from them for an order that I have had pending a while. Nice folks to deal with. On a side note, I gave Karen the url here. I am hoping that she signs in and posts up some specials for our members. I told her that she had no idea what she was getting into!

[:D]

Thanks for sharing.

Fangar

PenWorks

Billy, I don't think the cap clashes with the body, but blends in well. Others will think it does, but it's different.
Most of the materials I worked with last night are very transparent. If you look closely you can see how the pen body is darker at the nib coupling fitting and at the end of the pen barrel where the resin is solid. The converter was not in the pen when I took the pic, but you can see parts of it threw the pen barrel.
I think on alot of these resins, you are going to have to be creative on what paint colors you choose if any at all.

Thanks for the comments

SteveRoberts

I knew I heard the wheels turning when dropped those resins off. For those of you who haven't met Anthony, he is a REAL pen guy. His office looks like a Berea or CSU got hit by a bomb.

I used painted tubes to deal with the tranparency, but he showed me some very big brand name pens that you could see where made of the same materials and were just clear as day, letting all the innards shine through, it is obviously a taste thing.

Steve

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Anthony,

Just to clarify for the "uninspired". The pen is "tubeless" and the top has been painted inside?

I like the pen, (as I generally do with your work) but did not follow completely.

Thanks!!!

Dario

Very nice pen..but looks like the cap and body (at least from the pic) are made of different colored materials.

I love the wooden bowl/cup too [^]

PenWorks

Ed, the cap has a tube, painted the tube and inside of the hole.
The pen body is has no tube at all. The material is the same on both parts.

PenWorks

Ooopps forgot the pics.

I figured I had better finish these, incase they get lost in the shop move. Same idea as the other. The cap is the same material as the body, only the cap is doctored up. The cap has a tube, the pen body is tubeless. The one resin is so transparent, I polished the inside of the tube, almost could pass it off as a demonstrator

20068195925_ital-4.jpg
<br />

20068195829_ital-3.jpg
<br />

SteveRoberts

Looks like those resins are going to good use. I am glad this got you turning Anthony. By the way, more resins due in on Tuesday.

Hey, what is a "demonstrator"?

Steve

PenWorks

Originally posted by SteveRoberts

Hey, what is a "demonstrator"?

Steve

A name given to a pen style that is typically a see threw pen, to demonstrate the inner workings of a pen.

Yes, thanks Steve, those actually kept me up and got me in the shop. Boxing everything up this weekend for next Sat move.

Hi Anthony,

What a great looking pen. I turned a few pens last fall with no tudes either, the oppertunity to create a surface look with the non tubed body was very interesting for me as well. I tried several internal effects to see what transfered to the outward surface. I think that this is a fun idea to follow through on maybe other materals that might not be as interesting left alone, but enhanced by what you can create withing the hollow and see teh effect at surface.

The blank you used here looks awesome, I asume there is a supplier that most of you know about, I have been off line for awhile, I would be gratful for a link to the source please..

[:D]

Again Anthony, totally inspiring!

Chuck Key

I really like the see through style as long as there are no tubes under there. I have also polished the inside of a few clear barrels and know it is an extra but very needed step for this style pen. Excellent on all pens as usual.

Chuckie

PenWorks

Originally posted by Jim in Oakville

The blank you used here looks awesome, I asume there is a supplier that most of you know about, I have been off line for awhile, I would be gratful for a link to the source please..

Here is the place Jim, you have to call, as the web site is not up and running yet, but they are selling blanks.

http://www.pedigreewoodcrafts.com/

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
Originally posted by Jim in Oakville

Here is the place Jim, you have to call, as the web site is not up and running yet, but they are selling blanks.

http://www.pedigreewoodcrafts.com/

Thanks Anthony!

[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom