Is there any possibility for buying as a group from Dayacom?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

amosfella

If we were to offer Dayacom the buying power of the forum, do you think we could negotiate to buy from them, especially the pens that aren't offered by the other suppliers??
Others woudl be for the German Colt 5 star bits, and many other woodturning places.
Or with craft supplies for example, could it be negotiated that all members of this forum would get a wholesale price??
If something like that were possible, it would be good to have a posted list of places that these discounts would be available from.
I think people should be allowed to make suggestions as to places to negotiate with as well.
My 2 cents.
PS, I have been trying to negotiate with Dayacom on my own. If they woudl consent to dropshipping, it would be a great stride forward.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
The problem with ordering from Dayacom is reaching the Minimum Order Quantity. To reach that MOQ, every person would need to want the same kit...probably in the same plating.

They then need to be shipped from Asia, clear customs, and be shipped individually to each member that wanted one.

The biggest issue is reaching that MOQ...around 400 or 500 kits. That becomes a very big group buy, that could potentially take a few months to reach....

amosfella

I know what you mean, but I meant to renegotiate the MOQ with them. And even use them as a dropshipper to ship smaller quantities to the individual. It's all in negotiation of terms. What they have on the site is in my experience only a guideline.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
It sure doesn't hurt to ask; but I didn't think they were interested in dealing with individuals...that's why they have resellers...

On second thought, you might try PM'ing Daniel. He's working on completing a group buy of limited quantities of drill bits. I don't know what company he dealt with, but he was able to order smaller quantities than the posted MOQ.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Daniel, would be a good one to start with, IIRC he had contacted them in the past. There are also several others, I think Anthony is one, that has bought from Daycom before.

Top Bottom