iPad stylus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Penultimate

Penultimate

Greetings
I've had a tough time finding a stylus that worked well and felt good while writing. I've used rubber tipped, plastic discs and conductive fabric, but there was always some issue. I like how conductive fabric feels when writing because it has less friction than a rubber tip and is not as squishy. I got sample of the fabric from Lessemf.com.

I used a Rockler toolbox pencil with a metal chuck since I could experiment with the diameter and shape of the nib. I cut a 4mm diameter rubber erasure at an angle like a felt marker tip. That gave it enough area to work on the screen. I then cut and wrapped the stretchable fabric over the eraser and shoved the assembly into the pencil chuck from the back end. That ensured a nice tight fit. The lower barrel is Aluminum and the top and finial are desert ironwood. It is finished with 10 coats of CA with a final polish of McGuiers plastic polish.

Comments are always welcomed.

Attachments

• stylus 1.jpg
    stylus 1.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 250
  • stylus nib.jpg
    stylus nib.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 220

titan2

Greetings
I've used rubber tipped, plastic discs and conductive fabric, but there was always some issue. I like how conductive fabric feels when writing because it has less friction than a rubber tip and is not as squishy. I got sample of the fabric from Lessemf.com.

Comments are always welcomed.

Got a link to the page on www.lessemb.com where you found the fabric? Haven't been able to locate it.

THANKS,

Barney

Top Bottom