I'm getting better results

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Beasley

Gary Beasley

I've been playing with making bracelets. I use a circle cutter in the drill press set at 2 1/8 inch or thereabout, then mount it to the chuck with an inside grip and form the outside. Sand it, put some thin CA on it, wrap tape on the outside, then chuck it on the other chuck with the big jaws and clamp it on the outside so I can round and smooth the insides. Sand and finish on the inside then mount it back on the inside grip chuck ( theres tape on the jaws to cushion the finish) and complete the finishing on the outside. Any rough spots left over can be hand finished.
This one was made from a slab of douglas fir from the scrap bucket.

Attachments

• dougfir-bracelet.jpg
    dougfir-bracelet.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 142
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Nicely done, Gary!

I love these! I keep trying to do these in "out of concentric" design, but I keep chipping teeth:) I either need instruction orI nned to learn how to "duck" quicker!

Maybe after show season we can get together? I really like experimenting "on my own" but the dentist bills are getting outragous!!!!

Gary Beasley

Nicely done, Gary!

I love these! I keep trying to do these in "out of concentric" design, but I keep chipping teeth:) I either need instruction orI nned to learn how to "duck" quicker!

Maybe after show season we can get together? I really like experimenting "on my own" but the dentist bills are getting outragous!!!!

I learned pretty quick when you chuck up the inside and spin it up the jaws will expand some more and break a weak ring in two. I now leave the chuck just loose enough I can move the ring a little on it so when the lathe is spun up it will lock in. You have to feel it out and see how much your chuck will open up at speed.

Top Bottom