I have been busy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from blodal

Status
Not open for further replies.

blodal

No more evening television for this new pen turner!

2006622856_P1010022.jpg

Mystery Wood, Cocobolo, African Mahogany, Sapelle

20066221124_P1010025.jpg

Wenge Cigars

20066221154_P1010026.jpg

Acrylic Euro

20066221233_P1010027.jpg

Modified Slim Lines - Bloodwood and Zebrawood

Comments welcomed. I feel that I have made a lot of improvement but still have a way to go,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

blodal

Originally posted by challagan
<br />Yes you have!! Excellent pens all of them. On the modified slimlines, is each barrel just the length of a standard 7mm tube?

Very nice!

Corey

Yes, they are the same length. Just leave out the center band.

mick

Great group of pens Bill, especially the Wenge' cigars. In the first pic you refer to one of the Sierra's as mystery wood. I'd hazard a guess that it's spalted oak. Looks just like some got from Big Rob!

blodal

Originally posted by mick
<br />Great group of pens Bill, especially the Wenge' cigars. In the first pic you refer to one of the Sierra's as mystery wood. I'd hazard a guess that it's spalted oak. Looks just like some got from Big Rob!

That piece came from Big Rob in a grab box. Very little was identified. Thanks for the info.

BigRob777

Bill,
That is spalted oak, thanks Mick. I'm sorry I couldn't ID the wood, as there were about 600 blanks all together. I had marked a few of the blanks over time, but it would have taken forever to do them all. If you have more that you need identified, and this goes for anyone who got wood from me, I can identify most of them by pics, especially before they are turned. BTW, the wax coated blanks are either pradauk, or afzelia wood.

Very nice work on the pens. That acrylic is really an eye catcher. I guess this is some of the African Special (in the top pic). I think you've given nice form to all of your pens.

Rob

blodal

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Bill,
That is spalted oak, thanks Mick. I'm sorry I couldn't ID the wood, as there were about 600 blanks all together. I had marked a few of the blanks over time, but it would have taken forever to do them all. If you have more that you need identified, and this goes for anyone who got wood from me, I can identify most of them by pics, especially before they are turned. BTW, the wax coated blanks are either pradauk, or afzelia wood.

Very nice work on the pens. That acrylic is really an eye catcher. I guess this is some of the African Special (in the top pic). I think you've given nice form to all of your pens.

Rob

Thanks for the offer to ID the blanks. I will take you up on that as I go. There is a lot of nice blanks in there. Yes, the Sappelle (sp?) and the Mahogany were from the African Special.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I am really enjoying the experience. I appreciate all of the knowledge that is available on this web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom