How to delete an unsent post?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Occasionally I write a response to a thread or post and along the way or at the end I decide I don't want to post it. It doesn't seem to matter whether I leave what is in the box or delete it all, when I come back to the thread it is all there. Even days later it is still there, taunting me to post it. Is there a way to clear it and have it stay cleared? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FGarbrecht

When I do that I highlight the unwanted post and delete it. It seems to stay gone. Not sure why it doesn't work for you:(

bsshog40

Yea I have done the same thing. I've deleted the post only to return and it still sitting in the "post reply" box of that particular thread. I eventually just have to log out of the forum and log back in before it will disappear.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This may be a browser difference.

When I do that, it goes away, I use Firefox most of the time.

Hopefully, this will give Jeff more information about the source of your isssue.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Second icon from the right on the editor toolbar is a dropdown that reveals "Save Draft" and "Delete Draft"

Drafts are automatically saved every 60 seconds. You can force a quicker save by using "Save Draft"

If you want to delete the draft that keeps reappearing, use the "Delete Draft" function, then within 60 seconds, delete the text in the box.

Hope that helps!

1shootist

You " back space" till all lettering is deleted then highlight the second to the last icon, it will have "save draft ..delete draft" You must have everything off that you want off then "delete draft".

Top Bottom