Honey Jasper Shave Brush

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

PenWorks

Here is some new Tru Stone Honey Jasper. not very plyable. I had to turn this round and do most of the shaping on my metal lathe before I could final cut it on my wood lathe. Beautiful stuff, but a bear to turn. Thanks for looking and any comments.

Attachments

• le1_honeyjasper3.jpg
    le1_honeyjasper3.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 276
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_d

Very nice Brush Anthony, love your shaving brushes. Where did you get a piece of tru stone that size? I was looking for turqouise to turn one for my father. Had to get a bottle stopper and lengthen it with alt Ivory on the ends.

leehljp

Member Liaison
You certainly brought the stone out of that Tru Stone! Looks like real stone, and not all Tru Stone does - to me - at least in photographs. Beautiful work and gorgeous finish!

PenWorks

Lupe, I by some tru stone in 6x6 blocks from the manufacturer. The stopper blanks are a tad short if you want to make a nice length brush. But I have glued two together and that works pretty good as well/

Hank, it looks like stone becuase it felt like stone while turning it :biggrin:

PaulDoug

That is reall y nice work. Beautiful material. Love the shape you gave it. Really look nice it you could turn a soap mug to match.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great work, Anthony. But, boy I don't envy you on the turning job!!!:eek::eek:

Yeah, where's the soap mug???? Should only take a few hours to turn!:mad::mad:

fernhills

When i grow up i`m gonna do one like that. Been lookin at your brushes, as soon as i turn a few more to practice on i`ll be ordering more brushes.

Top Bottom