Holiday Weekend Pair

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Both are great looking pens and you did a great job with fit and finish. The black is super though. Thanks for showing.

Brooks803

Awesome Job! I love buckeye burl & I love how you replaced the pimp crystal. What was your method of getting it out if you don't mind me asking. Great finish as well. I need to try one of those kits.

Kaspar

Awesome Job! I love buckeye burl & I love how you replaced the pimp crystal. What was your method of getting it out if you don't mind me asking.

To get that pimp stone out, you just need to dislodge it sideways and break it loose. Even then, you have to pry at it a little to get it out. Honestly, I did that one with my teeth. Nothing bad happened, but I can't recommend the method. Next time I'll have a jig for being able to tap it sideways.

louisbry

Both are very classy pens! The cambridge is something else. If you were to turn away the black plastic on the cap and replace with onyx, is there enough material added to allow a durable and lasting modification?

Kaspar

Thanks everybody!

Both are very classy pens! The cambridge is something else. If you were to turn away the black plastic on the cap and replace with onyx, is there enough material added to allow a durable and lasting modification?

It worked fine for this pen. Although I did make the cap slightly conical to give me just a little more material. In that case, I was worried about translucency (the black underneath showing through the casein,) but it would probably be good practice in general.

Top Bottom