Highly Figured Satinwood Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

This is from a nice piece of Satinwood I got down at West Penn. The wood is tempermental as I blew out the first blank drilling a bit too fast. I recommend sharp tools for this.

The chatoyancy of Satinwood is extraordinary. I have always loved this wood. I have some incredible Satinwood veneer that I bought over 30 years ago... the thick kind... I never used it cuz I like just having it!

This pen was tung oiled to pop the curl and then MM-12000, triple buff (no wax), CA/BLO-3, double buff w/carnauba, and RenWax. Hope you like.

scimg5164.jpg

scimg5160.jpg

scimg5163.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

WOW, those grains just pops out at you. I just finished some KOA that I thought was great, but this beats it.

Bree

What's wrong Bree ? don't you like me ? Why aren't you entering anything in the Beautiful pen contest ? This pen qualifies .

I didn't know anything about it. And these guys are producing these top end pens that knock your socks off! My little old cigar pens wouldn't win.
:redface::redface::redface:

Bree

WOW, those grains just pops out at you. I just finished some KOA that I thought was great, but this beats it.

That little drop of tung oil with the driers in it really kicks it up a notch! i was gonna TransTint it red or orange but I was afraid. It looked so nice that I went with something I knew well and could predict. I still kinda wonder how it would have looked in orange!!
:eek::eek::eek:

maxman400

I didn't know anything about it. And these guys are producing these top end pens that knock your socks off! My little old cigar pens wouldn't win.
You are right!!!! It won't win, if you don't enter it. Give it a try what do you have to loose. :)

David Keller

I rarely post on this site, but that pen is gorgeous! I think it should be entered in the pen contest without a doubt. There's something to be said for a classic style, beautiful wood, and a flawless finish.

ldb2000

I'm running this one and your little old cigar stands just as good a chance as anyone else's . The "Beautiful pen" contest is for EVERYONE !!! and to keep it fair to everyone it is open to Ballpoint Pens ONLY !!! Emperors need not apply !!! . Give it a shot Bree , what have you got to loose . Even the prizes for 2nd and 3rd are really nice .
Here's the link to the contest , check out the rules !!! http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57600

Last edited:

Bree

I'm running this one and your little old cigar stands just as good a chance as anyone else's . The "Beautiful pen" contest is for EVERYONE !!! and to keep it fair to everyone it is open to Ballpoint Pens ONLY !!! Emperors need not apply !!! . Give it a shot Bree , what have you got to loose . Even the prizes for 2nd and 3rd are really nice .
Here's the link to the contest , check out the rules !!! http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57600

OK Butch I'm in. I took another PIC so it would look like I did something special for the contest. I guess I need to read more of the threads because I just plain missed this contest. Maybe I thought that it was for the high enders and just scanned right over it.

I really like one of my Cocobolo Cigars better but it was made before the contest started so it is out of the running. Anyhoo thx for the opportunity to become a competitor!! It's like the Super Bowl of Pens!! LOL!
:eek::eek::eek:

Top Bottom