Help with casting worthless wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

grz5

Hello,

I have several maple burl blanks that would be perfect for using alumilite for worthless wood blanks. As much as I would like to build my own pressure system my 'hobby aka obsession' funds are somewhat limited.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a service that would allow me to send my blanks to have them casted..If it is possible I would be willing to work out an arrangement with anyone who has a system and is willing to help cast my blanks in their system. I would be willing to pay and or part with a few blanks to have them cast by someone who knows what they're doing :).

Let me know if we can work something out.

Thanks,
GR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grz5

Thanks for the suggestion his website seems to mainly provide wood stabilization services but not the resin casting where you get the mut burl/alumilite blanks. I'll try to get a hold of him to see if I'm mistaken.

nava1uni

You do not need a pressure pot to cast alumilite. If you are careful about stirring it you will get very few bubbles. You can mix it with powders for color, acrylic paint, glitter, etc. It works well with no horrific odor.

Last edited:

TomW

You do not need a pressure pot to cast alumilite. If you are careful about stirring it you will get very few bubbles. You can mix it with powders for color, acrylic paint, glitter, etc. It works well with no horrific odor.
Agreed, pressure pot is not a REQUIREMENT, but is is a great ASSET.

But getting the alumilite into the cracks and crevasses of the worthless wood requires pressure pot...

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.