Graduation present for my neice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bud duffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud duffy

My niece graduated high school last week i made her a pen and pencil set in her school colors Black & Gold . I used crushed velvet blanks from the closeout at woodcraft , Black titanium kit for the gold pen and a gold kit for the black pencil both have opposing color stripes laminated in them for a little accent. Sanded with MM to 12000 and a coat of TSW . As usual my photo skills are still lacking i really should take some time out to work on that. Any comments are welcome. Bud

2005697352_emailsize%20ashley%20grad%20pens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Bud, the laminations look REALLY good. I wish I was able to get mine so tight! What did you use to make the cuts and to glue the laminations together? Great job on the shape, too. The tip on the pencil is slightly different from that of the pen, but otherwise they are both remarkably similar for something done by hand. The 2005 CB is a nice touch, too! I like the fact that, with the slightly longer CB, both pens wind up close to the same length.

Nice job!

bud duffy

Thanks for all the kind words guys .
Jim i use a sled on my bandsaw and just freehand the angle,then touch them up on the disc/belt sander if needed. Then i use a small piece of angle iron, lay a piece of wax paper in it to keep the pieces from sticking and use 2 small C clamps one on the angle side to keep the pieces from slipping up and getting out of square and one clamp on the lenght of it to push the joint good and tight. I use thick CA , let sit for an hour or so then drill away! Clear as mud? And the bumps on the tips started out the same but as i was finishing the pencil one of the cats sneaked in the shop and decided it wanted to climb my leg, so the cut got a little deep. I really need to get a screen door for the shop cause the dog just isnt doing her job keeping the cats out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom