Gloat I hope

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Well I was at Rockler looking for some bushings for a cigar pen and was browsing the case where the chucks are kept (I know no bushings there) but I saw a sale sign that read $4.99 for a 6 inch chuck. First thought was must be a misprint but I asked and they said nope not a misprint and Kelly (who works there) the guy I talked with said he was going to get the other one and so after that I bought the adapter for $6.99 with a 20% coupon (originally intended for the bushings) and walked out with this chuck. I do know it is not a self centering but I can live with that right now especially for the price, oh and the piece due to the yellow sticker knocked anotrher 50% off so I got it for $2.48 woo hoo I think it wasa good score. :biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_3940.jpg
    IMG_3940.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 266
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Robert Taylor

that is a independent 4-jaw chuck, used primarily for holding metal. you will find very little use for it on a wood lathe. the jaws will crush the wood and leave marks and not have much holding power. DAMHIKT, BTDT

KenV

Those chucks can be handy -- but do require different techniques since the jaws are independent. The jaws on mine are reversable and one can use jaws of metal or plastics.

I use it for excentric or off center work. especially with odd shaped or rectangular pieces.

Do allow about an inch of waste at the chuck.

phillywood

Jerry, nice find. Well for that price even if you took it to metal recycling you'd get more money that you paid. I think youcan experiment to see what you can use it for. it looks like the other guys ahve given you a lots of idea. Good time playing with the new toy.

bitshird

I'd be lost with out my 4 jaw independent chuck, Mine's a bit bigger but wouldn't be with out one, I also have 2, 4 jaw scroll chucks one for wood Baracudda csc2000 POC and one for metal still a POC

Top Bottom