Glad i am not that weird

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimr

Thats a relief. Russ, I have read and referred to your page many times for information. Great page.
Daniel, your pens are terrific. Do you paint the floral design? I assume you put a finish over the painted surface. The guild pen is
very striking. Is there a slight dip in the cap where the cap bar starts? Is that to provide more clearance on the barrel?
Maybe I will take a few more photographs to post, although it is very intimidating considering the quality of pens normally shown on this forum.
thanks for all your information

Daniel

Jim,
the floral designs where done by a very generous one stroke paint artist from Georgia. they are far more stunning in real life than I could capture withthe camera. She is very accomplished and the work actually looks three dimensional.
as far as the Guild pen. the cap is recessed into the and of the blank. their are directions for doing this on the yahoo penturners sight. but basiclly it requires drilling the recess in the end of the boank with a 1/4 inch bit. I believe it is 1/4. whatever is just slightly larger than the end cap. it really takes cutting the blanks to length up a notch when you are trying to match the grain at the center seam as well. exact cut is a word that comes to mind.
it doesn't really add anything to the pen other than looks. I was trying to make a slimline look as much like it wasn't a slimline as I could.
I submitted this pen to the Yahoo Guild group trying to get in but it didn't make it. the idea had been done before. I hadn't seen anything that looked like it when I submitted it but it turned out anouther penturner had made a pen very much like it several months before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom