Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

spacebrandon

What do you recommed for a starters at PSI (I'm only shopping at PSI) lathe, finishes, or pen starter sets.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

I started at PSI many moons ago. I went with the Pro VS starting kit. If I knew then what I know now I would do it piece by piece. I still have most of the pen blanks that came in the kit that I will probably never use since I am not making very many slims.

dankc908

Make sure you get the 60 degree Live Tailstock Center when you buy your lathe. I have the Turncrafter Pro VS and, like rjwolfe3, I would buy by the piece. There were too many things I wouldn't use in the starter kit.

Dan

When I started I got the Jet 1014 VS and it's one sweet little machine. Which ever one you choose to start with I suggest getting one with at least 1/2 hp motor and variable speed.
As for Craftman, used to stand for quality now I think they want way to much for things that aren't half as good as they used to be. Going for that one I think your just buying the name. Lots a luck.
Dan

Sberger

I have Shopsmith which has some of the best of everything, but recently I ordered a Turncrafter VS Pro from PSI and I just love it. Basically the same as the Jet, but at half the price. I turn all pens on the Turncrafter now and use the SS for bandsaw and drilling operations. True to get the live center 60 degree for $20. Start with the fun kits and move on up.

Top Bottom