Geocaching Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KDM

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KDM

I've been tempted to make some Geocaching pens for first to find prizes.

Yeah. I considered that. My issue is that there really is a lot of work in a pen and I'm not sure it would be appreciated! Maybe it's all ego, but I like to think of my pens being admired and used rather than sitting in the bottom of someone's rucksack!

Have you read this discussion?

KDM

As a long time geocacher (1st or 2nd in Louisiana) I really like the pen. I have placed a few credit card pens in caches for first finders. That is a good idea.

I think that next time, I'd make teh coloured square a lot thinner (maybe 1/2" across) and embed the logo crossways in the pen so you can see the square shape from the side. This one looks like a stick of holiday rock.

sbell111

I've been tempted to make some Geocaching pens for first to find prizes.
I've been a cacher since mid 2001. A couple years ago, we gave out some pens as geocaching event prizes, but I've never actually left any inside a cache. My concern with that is that it can get mighty hot inside an ammo box. I would hate for the pens to get ruined before anyone could appreciate them. Of course, if you live in an area where the FTF hunt is intense, the pens might only be in there for a couple of hours, so it might not be an issue.

KDM

Yeah, you may be right. Fortunately, here in the UK, the temperature doesn't change much. It's 10 degC all year except for two days inteh summer when it hits nearly 11.

Have you seen this thread?

Top Bottom