Gentlemens Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenamison

Does anyone know if there is a pen stand that is big enough for the Gentlemens fountain pen? We have made a engraved Gentlemens fountain pen for my husbands boss and she would like to display it on her desk, one that kind of makes it stand up (not straight but kind of angled). We have found some pen stands but we are unsure if they would be big enough to hold such a large (fat) pen. Thanks for anyone that can help in our search...

pecartus

I don't know of any pen funnels that have a large enough I.D. to fit the gentlemen's pen. I usually make my own display pen funnels for the larger pens. I usually take the hardware off an existing funnel (hinge and base)and incorporate them with the turned funnel. I take the O.D. of the pens lower barrel and add about 2 thousands to it for clearance. Dependant on the pen size, the measurement is about a 1/3rd of the way up from the nib point, some halfway, you just have to experiment with how much of the pen you want to have inside the pen funnel. The O.D. of the pen is your I.D. for the pen funnel. I use 3/4" sq. Blank about 3 " in lenght to drill and turn. don't drill all the way through the blank, use the calculations you made for how much pen you want in the funnel. Turn the blank on the lathe and finish, add the hardware to funnel and then add the funnel to a display platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom