Gent. Jr - Greek Olivewood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

Gentleman Jr. finished with friction polish. This was made from the Greek Olivewood blanks that Mike was selling. I must say he's a pretty stand up type of guy. I had emailed him and told him I was a little disappointed in the color of this blank and I must have sounded like I meant that I didn't like it. Well I do like it, but I didn't expect it to look like this. Anyway, he wanted to buy not only this pen but he wanted to me to make him another one from the other blank I bought him, and then he would sell me two more blanks with less of the sapwood in them. I think that's pretty dang good of him but I didn't do it because I really do like the wood and there's no reason for him to have to buy my pens to make me happy. I'll be buying more from him for sure. :) Thanks Mike!
JrGentGrkOlivewood.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Good looking pen RT. I have yet to cut mine from Mike.
I know it's a touch early, only one cup of java and I dig have more than a couple of drinks at the club last night. [:D] But what am I missing here [:eek:)] You make a pen, most likely to sell, a guy offers to buy it and orders another and wants to give you wood to boot [:0]
Then you turn him down [^] I just might make a few of those greek olive wood pens after all [:D]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful pen, R.T., and a great story about a fellow member. I've had nothing but good luck with the purchases and trades I've made with folks on this site. Mike fits right in with my other experiences. BTW, I really like the light GOW. The subtlety of the coloring lends a nice balance of color between the sapwood and heartwood.

Tom McMillan

Awesome pen RT!!!! Thanks for sharing about Mike---appreciate his interest in making you happy. But, that wood looks great to me---I'm sure there's going to be some differences in all Olivewood---but, as Lou knows---Olivewood is my favorite (oh, Kingwood's my other favorite).

WoodChucker

Thanks Anthony! Hey I tried to warn you before about that 19th hole. [:D]

Thanks Fleabit, appreciate the comments!

Thanks Lou! yep, it makes for a great place to hang out when you can really trust everyone.

Thanks Tom! I like it too and I feel bad that I made Mike think that I didn't. I guess I didn't say it the right way. The wood is really nice, it just wasn't what I expected. I'll have to be more careful how I explain myself. [:I]

wayneis

I was very impressed with the service from Mike and Sharran. Very nice people. I haven't cut and driiled yet because I wanted to wait to let them aclimate for a few days first. Shipping in the winter from Greece to Michigan probably adds a little bit of moisture. Not taking any chances because what I bought from them is some beautiful wood.

Wayne

WoodChucker

Thanks Wayne! And thanks for bringing up Sharran, she must have sent me a half dozen emails and was so nice and helpful. She must be worth her weight in gold, or at least Greek Olivewood. [:D]

Thanks Jim, appreciate the comment!

mik

The Orchard, Milton Lane, Wookey Hole, Somerset, U
Thank you for your kind thoughts - no offence taken!
I guess it's the passion Sharan and I have for what we do[:)]

And thank you all too!
Wild Greek olive is certainly different, there are some 47 varieties all around us, the bark is the giveaway, texture, roughness, coloring. The above pen is "Manaki" I can be very choosy and hopefully work with you all being choosy too![:)]
I will be trying to get some of the elusive "Koroneiki"

Will post more pici's when I'm allowed out!![:)]

Thanks again

Originally posted by WoodChucker
<br />Gentleman Jr. finished with friction polish. This was made from the Greek Olivewood blanks that Mike was selling. I must say he's a pretty stand up type of guy. I had emailed him and told him I was a little disappointed in the color of this blank and I must have sounded like I meant that I didn't like it. Well I do like it, but I didn't expect it to look like this. Anyway, he wanted to buy not only this pen but he wanted to me to make him another one from the other blank I bought him, and then he would sell me two more blanks with less of the sapwood in them. I think that's pretty dang good of him but I didn't do it because I really do like the wood and there's no reason for him to have to buy my pens to make me happy. I'll be buying more from him for sure. [:)] Thanks Mike!
JrGentGrkOlivewood.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom