Gauging Interest **CLOSED**

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrplace

I have a good source for Casting Resin, and was thinking of buying 55 gallon drums. I may be able to pick these up myself and save shipping to me.

Question: Would anyone be interested in casting resin, catalyst, and maybe pigments?

The resin alone would be between $22-$23 a gallon (+ S&H from me to you), maybe a little more if the catalyst is included. That figure includes buying 1 gallon containers and I already have a bung pump[8D].

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'd take half in a heartbeat, only one MAJOR problem. There seems to be some restriction on shipping more than 5 gallons at a time. Best do a little checking, but if you can ship, let me know-Dawn has been restricted to 4 gals at a time and it comes VERY regularly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DWK5150

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />I'd take half in a heartbeat, only one MAJOR problem. There seems to be some restriction on shipping more than 5 gallons at a time. Best do a little checking, but if you can ship, let me know-Dawn has been restricted to 4 gals at a time and it comes VERY regularly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed if you truck freight it you can get more than 4 gallons at time but can get expensive doing that.

melogic

I may be interested in some myself, now that I have my pressure pot from HF. [:D]
I would be interested in some Resin, Catalyst and Pigments.

mrplace

I am going to get the skinny on HAZMAT shipping Monday. Once I have some hard numbers, I will post them here. From what I have read it looks like it may be a flat fee.

Also, anyone in the DFW area could pick up if they wanted.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Any update news on this..?
Still interested here [:)]

Originally posted by mrplace
<br />I am going to get the skinny on HAZMAT shipping Monday. Once I have some hard numbers, I will post them here. From what I have read it looks like it may be a flat fee.

Also, anyone in the DFW area could pick up if they wanted.

mrplace

Sorry, I am waiting on some pricing from someone local too. I am trying to keep the cost under $25, if it is more than that , it really isnt very economical.

Will post the details as I get them myself.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Understand...and thanks..! [:)]

Originally posted by mrplace
<br />Sorry, I am waiting on some pricing from someone local too. I am trying to keep the cost under $25, if it is more than that , it really isnt very economical.

Will post the details as I get them myself.

MDWine

I don't want to cause friction, but take a look at http://mrfiberglass.com/. The poly resin gallon plus cat is only 28.60 for [Silmar 41 Clear Casting PE Resin]. Our shipping was a little more because we ordered 2 gallons and a bunch of colors. There are restrictions on shipping, has to be ground.

We ordered two gallons, but he sent the hardener for both gallons in one container. He didn't know the one order was for two people. Make sure you specify any details like that when you order.

Worth a look...

Good luck, above all... HAVE FUN!

mrplace

I got some info, not very promising. The sales rep I am speaking to may have a better plan than mine.

His idea is that if we can meet a certain volume he will give us an overall price break based on 55 gallon drums, but adding the costs for 1 gallon cans.

I am going to close this topic, when I get more info I will post to a new discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom