FREESTYLE CONTEST WINNERS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Ok all, the voting ending last night. The official winner of the 2011 Freestyle contest, as voted by his peers here on the forum, is:

Jeff Powell aka----- workinforwood with his Hand Cut Leaves Casting w/Brass Hardware.

Congrats Jeff on a great pen that captured the hearts of the majority of the voters.

1<sup>st</sup> runner up (2<sup>nd</sup> place) is: John Hebert aka-----hebertjo with his Stained Glass/Alternate Bone w/ Sterling Silver Clip Pen.

Congrats on making the finals and entering such a worthy piece of craftsmanship.

2<sup>nd</sup> runner up (3<sup>rd</sup> place) goes to last years' winner: Michael Redburn aka-----mredburn with his Sterling Silver Opal Inlayed Pen.

Congrats on your second consecutive appearance in the finals.

I want to Personally thank all of the participants this year. Everyone keeps pushing the envelope and by doing so forces everyone to do better than they have done before. My judges were very stressed in narrowing this great field of entrants. Everyone of you were winners in my eyes CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!:RockOn:

Attachments

• entry4c.jpg
    entry4c.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 159
  • entry9b.jpg
    entry9b.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 143
  • entry14c.jpg
    entry14c.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 138
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PR_Princess

Congratulations Jeff, John and Mike. Great pens all!!

I can tell that Jeff won't be making pens for a while...his head will be too big to get through his shop door!!:eek:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well done Jeff and congrats to all the entrants. Every pen in that contest was a worthy winner.:biggrin:

ldb2000

Congrats to all who entered this years Freestyle contest and a special congrats to Jeff , John and Mike for making such awesome pens . I just couldn't find the time to get into the shop this year but next year I'll quit my job if I have to so I can play .

Kitless Rocks !!!!!

Hee Hee :biggrin:

terryf

Congrats to Jeff and the runners up particularly to herbertjo who has made two finals and won one.
Excellent work by all!! I'm jealous of your skills :)

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Freestyle Contest Random Voter Winner

My official name drawer is still in bed feeling under the weather so I had to complete this drawing solo. Sorry no pics, I could not photo myself (and you all are lucky there:wink:) The winner is: rkimery
Congrats Randy!:party:

MartinPens

Congrats everyone! This contest was very inspiring. I would have an idea, then check some of the entries and knew I was going to have to think more out of the box. It really pushed me to be creative and I had lots of fun making the Trombone pen.
I look forward to next year and it's been really great to experience all the positive comments coming and going to and from everyone. This is a really positive site and so many have contributed. Congrats!!

Martin

angboy

Wow! I love them all, but I have to say I'd have voted for first prize to go to the third prize winner. I have NO idea how he did that, but I am amazed! All three are great, but I just can't even imagine how to get such small pieces into pen mechanisms.

Top Bottom