Fractured Ice!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jmhoff10500

Jmhoff10500

Thats what the name of this blank was and i think it is an awesome blank! I got it in a trade so does anyone know where it came from? Is there anything i need to do with the photo that would make it better? Thanks!

IMG_1657.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Very nice pen! The photo could stand a bit more depth of field. The top of the pen is just very slightly fuzzy. The contrast between the back ground and the pen is very good. The background does not distract from the subject matter. If the pen were posed in the same plane as the imaging device the pen would be easier to keep in focus from end to end. The lighting is very good, no hot spots or big shadows but with good even illumination. Over all a good photo. the depth of field could be fixed with a smaller f-stop. That is a larger number. I hope this is taken in the manner it is intended, to be helpful. If I may be of help with the photo, pm me. this is something I do know a little about. Penturning on the otherhand, weeeellllllll?:redface::eek::wink:
Charles

IPD_Mrs

Another eyes view (and this is intended as constructive assistance since you asked what you can do - you might want to ask around about this because I do offer that kind of input when asked and if you don't want that then just ignore what I have to say!)

For me personally: The black cloth holding up the pen is a distraction (it is hiding the clip to some extent - and by hiding I mean it makes it less distinct, you sort of have to "look for it since it doesn't jump out with the rest of the pen.)
I agree with the comments regarding depth of field. Top of photo - ditto to above stated comments. Also you have a major glare coming off the top of the pen - so much so that it actually hurts my eyes (I get severe migraines so things like this stand out to me.)
Finally, shake off your cloth (or dust off your bottom glass/paper etc.) There are bits of dust, lint and even a small hair in the front of the photo. What this says to me when I am a prospective customer looking to buy a pen is that there is a lack of attention to detail - does that same lack of attention to detail go into the making of pens????
From the look of that beautiful pen I would say not - and you want the photo to sell the pen, not distract from it. It only needs a LITTLE bit of tweaking.
Fantastic pen, beautiful blank - I love the name and the look with the kit you did a great job with it !!!

Linda

Mark

It looks a lot like the "Blue Ice" from WC. Maybe your beautiful blank has larger chunks of white in it, but it's close. Nicely Done..

Top Bottom